Information for bicyclists and motorists brochure.
The new shared lane marking helps bicyclists and motorists share the road safely.
- Ride over shares lane markings and stay away from parked cars.
- Ride in the same direction as other traffic.
- Look, signal and merge before turning.
- Drive over shared lane marking if bicyclists are not present.
- Always expect bicyclists on the road and give at least three feet if you need to pass.
- Remember that bicyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as motorists.